Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What the hell's been happening?

Well you might ask! It's February 15th now. Ted is the ideal host because he seems to love just getting in the car and visiting another village with a tea room and politely saying that he can't remember being there before and so the whole thing is an adventure for us both.


Paddington Railway Station
 This picture on its side is for Pij in case the computer doesn't understand. He'll know why.

I've been practising just taking things as they come without analysing or looking for solutions - please try it. It's fabulous! Just keep yourself nice, clean and smiley. Of course, I don't keep this up forever and try to go for a walk or a Jamesons.

The Ruggleston at Widdecombe
Anyway we've been to Widdecombe, The Ruggleston the tiniest pub,

The Deli at Newton Abbot
Newton Abbot (my favourite cafe ),


                                           Plymouth,

For Anna
               Modbury -yes THE Modbury for other Adelaidians- the pub with the beautiful greyhound for Anna

 Bovey Tracey, Kingsbridge, Chagford, Totnes, and so many other wonderful places like...

The cakes at Ted's favourite cake shop/antiques
Ashburton,

Hound Tor
Jay's grave
Hound Tor where Sherlock Holmes tackled the Baskerville's dog, and nearby Jay's grave where young Jay made pregnant by a lord, committed suicide and so was refused burial in consecrated land and had to be buried on the roadside at the boundary of two counties. Fresh flowers are always placed there. Bagtor where there is a very old waterwheel driven mill,

 Teignmouth, a seaside place for fish and chips (this is Ted in anticipation).

This is a water lane in Ide - I think the locals said it is one of two in the UK. The sign said 'Ford' but when we investigated the water ran right around the bend in front of these cottages! A trick for young players especially at night.
 We were lucky enough to see this lady in a small shop window in Oakhampton.

As you can see, I've got the hang of picture additions. It takes ages so I'll stop doing it for a while except for some ponies - just across the road here. I kid you not! I can't turn them around yet so sorry.

I am so very lucky to be here having this break. Thanks to Ted, it has been so easy to see and do things I could never even known about let alone afford!


Some mornings the car windscreen looked like this in the morning. So magical!
On Friday the next leg of my journey starts as I go to Nottingham for about 10 days. That will be my base to get around and visit childhood places aswell as all the places I knew in the noughties.

Good bye for now. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1 comment: